The updated dimensions and all the formats for photos, videos, and stories to be published on the pages of the main social networks. We have known this for years, ever since social networks have appeared in our lives. Images are an increasingly important point of reference for communicating. Today it is not just a matter of telling our experiences with images, graphics, and photographs are at the fore of marketing and corporate communication strategies. What can be confusing, however, is the use of these images.
Each social network has characteristics and requires users to adapt and respect them. So far, nothing difficult, but it could get lost in the confusion of different types of formats. Result? Upload a graphic suitable for another social network on a social network, for example. In short, a bad effect on the eyes of your audience, even in terms of preparation and care of your pages.
How To Use Quality Images And Videos On Social Media?
One photo is as good as another. No, not really. Don’t underestimate the importance of having consistent, quality images on your business profiles. Let’s see together what to pay attention to.
How To Choose The Best Photos For Social Media?
The first rule to follow is to choose the images to align with the tastes and needs of the public and the specific social network. You have to know your audience, know what they are looking for, what they love, and what they can’t stand. This will help you get in tune immediately and align communication with the approach of the people who follow you. In addition to a thorough study of your buyer personas, our advice is to experiment. Start posting photos and images and try to figure out which ones spark the audience’s interest.
What works the most? What less? These indications will be a real beacon to guide your choices. At this stage, don’t forget that the platform must also be chosen carefully. Not all social media are right for your message and audience. And you need to know how to treat them. You can’t behave the same way on different social networks. This also applies to the photos you post. Later we will look at the specific formats for each social network in detail.
Video And Social Networks: How To Be Successful?
Social networks speak more and more in images and photographs carved out a large space on all platforms. Yet they have a valid rival: videos. Live tutorials, video pills, and reels are the most loved and shared content. More formative or to entertain and amuse, they are what people are looking for without a shadow of a doubt. Based on your type of message, you can choose the most suitable cut:
- testimony or video review to make the brand or company known
- tutorial to promote a product or service.
A video expresses authenticity, shows things as they are, provokes emotions and smiles, and involves the viewer. A video strategy designed specifically for your business cannot be missing to generate conversion and loyalty. You have to pay attention to the social network and the format to be respected, even for videos.
The Quality Of Social Photos And Videos
Before we go into the discovery of the correct formats for your photos and videos on social networks, we must make a premise. Even if the images are right for your target and the format is perfect for the chosen platform, it may not be enough for the success of your posts. Never give up on quality. If it seems obvious to you, don’t be fooled. What would your follower think when they find grainy, dark, poorly framed, or out-of-focus photos?
We would have a perception of neglect. Certainly, he would not be too intrigued to find out more about the business, and he would probably get an idea of little care and professionalism. Give these elements the right space, avoid approximation, and aim for excellence. Numerous tools guarantee you high quality in this field, from professional equipment to the latest generation mobile devices that allow truly professional results.
Image Copyright: How To Legally Use Photos On Social Media?
Another possibility to reach a professional quality level is to rely on images present on the web. In this case, before proceeding, you must have a clear picture of the copyright. In other words: what can you use and what can’t? In order not to infringe any restrictions related to copyright and copyright and to use the image that is right for you in complete tranquility, you must know that:
- Each social network has its policy to protect all users concerning the use of images. Check carefully what is required on the platform you are using. For example, Instagram prevents you from downloading or saving other people’s images on your device in any way,
- Images may be subject to licensing: They are of different types; some allow only personal use of the photo, others allow you to act with changes, etc. Take care to identify the one that suits you best,
- There are royalty-free images, i.e., images that can be used freely. If the photo you like so much falls into this category, you’ve had bingo. You can easily publish these images on your social profiles,
- If you can’t find any indication of the type of image you have in front of you, you still have a chance; you can ask the source directly. Contact the author; he will be able to clarify your ideas. In contexts like Istock and Freepik, it’s easier than it looks.
The Internet offers a very rich showcase; you have to find all the proposals. In addition to the Istock above and Freepik, you can check out Fotolia, Pixabay, and Splitshire. Free or paid images, but no more thoughts on copyright.
What Are The Correct Dimensions For Social Photos And Videos In 2022?
At this point, the concepts are very clear: in 2022, you can’t do without photos and videos for your corporate social networks. And you can’t do without well-thought-out, sized, and quality photos and videos for your posts. So here’s a nice roundup to make sure you don’t make a mistake with the image measurements and risk some foolishness.
Instagram 2022 Image And Video Size
- Profile photo : 110 x 110 px, aspect ratio: 1: 1
- Shared image
- square: 1080 x 1080 px, aspect ratio 1: 1
- vertical: 1080 x 1350 px, aspect ratio 4: 5
- horizontal: 1080 x 566 px, aspect ratio 16: 9
- Stories : 1080 x 1920 px. aspect ratio: 9:16
- Reel : 1080 x 1920 px, aspect ratio: 9:16
Facebook 2022 Image And Video Size
- Company page profile photo : 180 x 180 px
- Company page cover : 820 x 312 px
- Shared image : 1200px x 630px
- Stories : 1080 x 1920 px, 9:16 aspect ratio
LinkedIn 2022 Image Size
- Company page profile photo (logo): 300 x 300 px
- Company page cover : 1192 x 191 px
- Shared image : 1200 x 627 px
YouTube 2022 Image And Video Size
- Profile photo : 800 x 800 px
- Cover : 2048 x 1152 px
- Video : 1280 x 720 px, 16: 9 aspect ratio
Tik Tok 2022 Video Size
- Video : 1080 x 1920 px, file type: MP4, MOV
- Video ads : 540 x 960 px, file type: MP4, MOV, MPEG, 3GP, AVI
How To Resize Social Photos And Videos?
If, after reading the correct measurements for photos on social media, you noticed that the image you were about to post does not meet the requirement, you need these tips. You need to resize the image so that it can be published without problems. The question becomes: how to do it? Let yourself be helped by programs and applications. There are specific and not too complex ones to use. Photo editing programs like Photoshop and Gimp are always a certainty for your images. If you want something simpler and more immediate to use, we also suggest:
- Photo Resizer
An additional advantage for the latter two programs is to use them for free, as is the case with the free version of Tinyjpg, which allows you to work on a certain number of images for free. For videos, however, you can work on your smartphone and opt for these applications:
- Quik for videos on Android
- Video Compressor for videos on iOS.
Finally, on Instagram, specific applications allow you to edit photos and work with the format you prefer. But then upload photos of the same format together. Shoot and record, edit and resize, publish and fascinate. All the rules of the game are now at your disposal. Add some creativity, have fun and win your audience.