The Transition 4.0 Plan of around 24 million euros is designed to accompany Italian companies in digital transformation and environmental sustainability, encouraging the investment cycle penalized by the emergency linked to Covid-19. In place of Industry 4.0 and Enterprise 4.0, the Plan consists of a single measure with different rates, depending on the categories of assets, and will be extended until the end of 2025.
What Is The Transition Plan 4.0?
Compared to the previous one, some points have been maintained, such as a tax credit for investments in new capital goods, a research and development bonus, and a 4.0 training tax credit, adding some significant innovations.
The Goods That Fall Within The Plan
Tangible And Intangible Goods
The rates are increased to 10% for credit in tangible capital goods for 2021, from 6% to 15% for investments made in 2021, enabling remote working and extending credit to non-4.0 intangible assets with 10% for expenses incurred in 2021.
Material Goods 4.0
For all tangible goods falling within category 4.0, the tax credit is:
- 40% for investments up to 2.5 million euros in 2022 and 20% in 2023 (until 2025)
- 20% for investments between 2.5 and 10 million euros in 2021 and 10% in 2023 (until 2025)
- 10% for projects above €10 million in both years and 5% in 2023 (until 2025)
Intangible Assets 4.0
For investments of up to 1 million euros in intangible capital goods within 2022, the tax credit is increased to 50%. The goods must be purchased by 31 December 2022 or 30 June 2023 for a down payment of at least 20% of the total cost. Starting from 30 June 2023, the concessions for intangible assets 4.0 will be declined as follows:
- 2023 there is only a 15% discount
- 2024 there is only a 15% discount
- 2025 there is only a 10% discount
Thanks to the Transition 4.0 Plan, companies can extend the tax credit for training collaborators and entrepreneurs, facilitating the cost of personnel employed in training activities in a calculated way. The rate is 70% for small businesses, 50% for medium-sized, and 30% for large businesses. The eligible expenses fall within the following macro-categories :
- Personnel costs relating to teachers for training hours;
- Operating costs of teachers or training participants directly related to the project (travel expenses, materials, and supplies, depreciation of tools and equipment);
- Costs of consultancy services connected to the project;
- Personnel costs related to training participants and indirect, general costs for training hours.
Which Tech Solutions Are In Transition 4.0?
The team has identified all its Business Units as areas in which it can support you in your digital transformation:
- Infrastructure & Services: we use Dell Technologies, VMware, and NVIDIA technology to offer companies innovative and cloud-ready solutions such as virtualization, networking, hyper-converged solutions, monitoring, network and data protection, client and server configuration, migration to Office 365 services, services managed and Help Desk.
- Data Analytics: thanks to the advanced analysis tools that we develop on Microsoft technology, accessible at all times and from any device, we offer the possibility of unleashing the potential of your data to better support you in business decisions with Big Data Platform, Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions Demand Planning.
- Business Process: we propose and implement information-sharing solutions through tools for integrating and automating flows with Microsoft technologies (Dynamics 365, PowerApps) and iPaaS software (Boomi).
- AI for Industry: we provide the skills of technicians specialized in Machine Vision and Artificial Intelligence for in-line quality control and, again, thanks to AI, we improve the efficiency of production processes thanks to our process innovation solutions, applicable to the most diverse industrial contexts;
- Smart Factory: we turn to the world of Manufacturing with Industrial IoT solutions to transform data from plant sensors into information to improve operational and strategic decisions; we take care of preparing the measurement points through traceability devices, managing the integration with existing industrial software, collecting and analyzing real-time or historical data.
- Operation Management: MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management) and APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) solutions to optimize production-logistics processes, from the collection of production, warehouse, quality, and maintenance data to the planning/scheduling of production capacity, in full integration with the corporate information system.
How To Start Your Plan?
The incentives of the Transition 4.0 Plan touch many areas, and there are many ways you can take advantage of it to accelerate the digital transformation of your business.