If you are familiar with LinkedIn, you know that having a LinkedIn URL is very important for your professional profile. Indeed, through your LinkedIn profile, you can introduce yourself to other professionals and interact with them to obtain contacts and opportunities. You should regularly update your LinkedIn profile with up-to-date information and make sure to personalize your profile to make you known to recruiters, prospects, etc. The goal is to create a top professional image for you on the number 1 social network.
Why Change Your LinkedIn Profile URL?
Just look at your default URL. A succession of numbers and letters without meaning will necessarily penalize your SEO, and you will only have an untraceable profile. The advantage? Be able to place your LinkedIn profile URL in all your job search documents, for example, a CV, cover letter, or business cards for client searches. So the question is: how do you get your LinkedIn URL, and how to customize your LinkedIn URL?
What Is The LinkedIn URL?
- A LinkedIn profile URL is the unique web address that leads directly to your LinkedIn profile.
- It allows you to promote your profile and share it with others, such as potential employers or professional contacts.
- Your LinkedIn profile URL can also be added to your resume, email signature, and other online profiles.
You can use and transmit your profile URL via this link so that anyone can access your profile without going through the search engine. It’s a convenient solution to allow users to find you on the network, whether they are members or not. We can thus easily speak of a virtual and complete business card.
Where Can I Find My LinkedIn Profile URL?
To find your LinkedIn profile URL on the site, go to LinkedIn and follow these steps:
- Click on the icon “You” at the top right of the screen. This displays your first and last name and your profile picture.
- Click on “view profile”. This takes you to your profile and refers you to your first and last name and close-up photo.
- On your right, you will find “modify the public profile and the URL”: it is on this button that you must click to modify the URL of your LinkedIn profile.
- Under the “Edit your custom URL” section on the right, you can finally find your LinkedIn profile URL in a fairly random format.
- All you have to do is copy and paste your URL to share it on other pages!
Where Can I Find My LinkedIn URL On iOS?
To find your LinkedIn profile URL on iOS:
- Get the mobile version of LinkedIn on the App Store.
- Tap your profile picture and select “View Profile.”
- Scroll down to the “Contact” section
- Under the heading “Your profile” is the LinkedIn URL of your public profile in random characters.
- All you have to do is copy and paste it.
How Do I Find My LinkedIn URL On Android?
To find your LinkedIn profile URL on Android:
- Download Linkedin from the Play Store.
- Tap your profile picture and select “View Profile.”
- Also, scroll down to the “Contact” section.
- Under the “Your Profile” section, you will find your LinkedIn URL in a random character format.
How To Change Your LinkedIn Profile URL?
Customizing your LinkedIn profile URL is essential as soon as you arrive on the platform. Can you imagine sharing your base URL on your professional documents? Impossible. It is necessary to modify the URL of your LinkedIn profile before any sharing to optimize its impact on your brand or your branding.
- Log in to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click on “you”: you get your profile picture and first and last name.
- Then click on “Edit public profile and URL”. This takes you back to the page seen previously.
- Under “Edit Your Custom URL”, you can change your profile address and customize your LinkedIn Page URL.
- Don’t forget to click “Save”.
How Do I Change My LinkedIn URL On Android?
To change your LinkedIn profile URL on Android:
- On your Android gadget, open the LinkedIn application and sign in.
- Tap the three lines in the upper left corner of the entire screen.
- Look down and tap View Profile.
- On your profile page, tap the pencil symbol in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the field that says “Public Profile URL.”
- Erase your persistent URL and type in your new URL.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner.
It is done! Your LinkedIn URL has now been changed on your Android device.
How Do I Change My LinkedIn URL On iOS?
To change your LinkedIn URL on iOS:
- Open the application and go to your profile.
- Tap the altered symbol in the upper right corner. Under the “Public Profile” segment,
- Tap your persistent URL.
- Enter your new URL
- And press “Save.”
- Your unique URL will be online immediately.
Congratulations, you just changed your LinkedIn URL on iOS!
How Do I Customize The LinkedIn Company Page URL?
If, in addition to being a person on LinkedIn, you also want to use the network for both your opportunities and those of your company, then you can create a LinkedIn company page to make a name for your company or propose your job offers, for example. If you have a LinkedIn company page, you can customize the URL to make it easier to read and reference on search engines. Here are some steps to follow:
- Go to the LinkedIn company page as an administrator.
- Click on the “Me” option at the top right: and you will get the company photo.
- Click on the name of the company: this link will direct you to the URL of your business space.
- Click on the “edit page” icon on the right side of the cover photo. This is where you can customize your business URL as many times as you want.
- Save changes.
How To Properly Customize The LinkedIn Profile URL?
Now that you know how to modify your LinkedIn profile URL, there is another question: “what to put as the URL of your LinkedIn profile?” Just like your pitch or your summary, choosing the URL of your LinkedIn profile is not undertaken lightly, and there are a few reflexes to adopt:
- Choose keywords directly related to your business. This will link your keywords to your space and therefore optimize search results.
- Of course, don’t forget your first and last name, but don’t limit yourself to that.
- You can only set one URL at a time, but you can change as many as you want (don’t overdo it, though, there’s a supposed limit of five changes in six months.)
- As in any URL: ban on special characters, symbols, or an icon.
- The URL is case-insensitive. Upper and lowercase letters are the same.
- Your URL contains between 5 and 30 characters.
- If your LinkedIn URL IS Invalid, another member already takes the URL. In this case, put your last name before your first name, remove the dash from 6 (-)
How To Put A LinkedIn Link On Your CV?
There are two ways to place a LinkedIn link on your resume:
- Copy and paste the LinkedIn link as is directly into the document. Most often, in your general contact details to be notified immediately. Of course, a custom URL is better than the default. In addition, you can add the LinkedIn logo next to it or even truncate the https://www part since the URL will be transcribed manually by the person.
- For .doc file documents, you can include the URL as a hyperlink instead of textually. Whether your URL is personalized or not does matter in this specific case, but the .doc format may be more restricted.
How Do I Share My LinkedIn Profile URL?
To share your LinkedIn profile URL:
- Log in to your personal LinkedIn account.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- In the “Overview” section, you will see a link titled “View profile as public.”
- Click on this link.
- A new window will open with your LinkedIn profile displayed.
- Copy the URL into your browser’s address bar
- Paste it in an email, social media post, or anywhere you want to share it.
According to your preferences, the person will be able to see your URL and, therefore, your profile even if they are not connected to the social network.